Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sad Addiction

Have you ever had a sad addiction? Now wait a minute, this might not be what you’re thinking. Most people in the world have suffered from some form of addiction or know someone who has. That may be very sad. To watch someone you love suffering, or going through the pain yourself. That is not what I am talking about today. I’m talking about just straight being addicted to being sad. Get where I’m getting at now?
    We all have had some sort of pain happen in our life. It could be the death of a loved one, the end of a relationship, losing a job, or being disrespected by someone in the world. Normal people go through these moments in life and eventually move on. But as a addict I sometimes choose to dwell on this things. I dwell and linger and turn it over and over in my head. I will make myself so angry or so sad that its hard to enjoy the life around me. This is what resentment is. Resentments will eat me alive. Now having a bit of clean time now I kind of know what I’m doing. I know I need to put positive in and not dwell on these moments. The thing is sometimes I’m addicted to the sadness. A sad addiction is a terrible thing. The disease of addiction loves when I feel this way. It wants me to enjoy my sad addiction. It tells me it feels good. It lets it drive me. I hide it from my sponsor and the people around me. I let it drive me and fill me with pain. There is a way out.
    The best way I have found to deal with my sad addiction is to first call my sponsor. I need to get those thoughts out into the light of day. Sad addiction will die in the light of day. Then I must start working on positive things in my life. Exercise, learning, spending time with friend, and taking care of my personal responsibilities will all help ease my pain. It all depends on how much effort I’m willing to put into not being sad anymore. I will admit that I have let myself be sad for a very long time. As time goes on though, I have learned to not let myself be over powered by these resentments. Resentments will get a addict high again. It has been proven time after time. If you are feeling this way, then give yourself a break. Do something positive in your life today. More about sad addiction here

No comments: