Sunday, September 20, 2009

Methodone and Oxycontin Where Would I Be Today Without You?

Today I thought back to a time before I got off drugs and how life was. Well actually I thought back even farther than that. I thought about how life was when I was a kid before all the drugs and street life. I use to be a shy nervous kid, always afraid about the unknown or what could of been. I had no self esteem and my biggest addiction at the time was fantasy. Talking to fellow addicts I find out that I wasn't the only one who's first addiction was fantasy. In my head was where my addiction was born. I turned to the drugs as the next steep in chasing that fantasy and making in real. I found all the confidence and courage I was missing in drugs (at least I thought I did) At first everything was fun and games, even when I got in trouble. It wasn't until I met Mr oxycontin and Mrs methadone did my world crash around me. Without going into a bunch of details, because every addict has his/her war stories, it wasn't until I spent 3 years with these drugs did I see a need to find help. They started me on the way to my bottom. I was fortunate enough to live through it. A few of my friends didn't. I have done every drug to the extreme , but it was not until I felt the pain of the body and mind for so long till I reached out for help. My life is wonderful right now, and so many doors have opened up for me. But I feel with out the drugs I would never be the man I am today, and without oxycontin I would still be a walking zombie in life, float by from cheap fix to the next. So in a weird way I owe oxycontin a bit of thanks, but above all that I owe my Higher Power the most. Without it I would never of been able to get off drugs.

1 comment:

CHICAGOHAND said...

Thanks for your blog. I am the director of a Christian recovery group called Reformers Unanimous. My group is located in Naperville Illinois. We have a passion to see those trapped by addiction to be set free by God's power.
Here is a link to a story of a heroin addict that I thought you could share on your blog.
http://www.sermonaudio.com/sermoninfo.asp?SID=3305142348
Keep up the good work.